Today we are going to talk about how to apply for Kotak credit card. However, our article will not be limited to that issue. There is more to see!
First, we will show what are Kotak credit card requirements, so you will be aware of the steps you have to take to get yours.
Other important feature is how to activate Kotak credit card after you succeeded at having your application approved.
The Kotak credit card benefits is another topic which usually rises expectations and is certainly something that influences on choices. Everybody has interest in being aware of how to redeem credit card points. The process, the companies, the rewards…
An issue that usually requires much of attention is how to check Kotak credit card balance, because it provides you a clear situation about your current possibilities of use. One of these tools is how to get Kotak credit card statement, an instrument which may help you when it comes to your everyday use of your credit card.
Something definitely important for keep enjoying your credit card is how to pay Kotak credit card bill, the possibilities of doing it and the respective channels. Plus, being aware of Kotak credit card payment by app shows the convenience and quickness the customer may get by using that way of payment.
Besides that, people who have a good credit history are interested in how to increase Kotak credit card limit.
But, there might be the possibility that other people want to know how to cancel Kotak credit card. In case this situation is brought up, we will also talk about it.
- How To Apply to Kotak Credit Card
- Kotak Credit Card Benefits
- How To Check Kotak Credit Card Balance
- How To Increase Credit Card Limit Kotak
- How To Cancel Kotak Credit Card
- Credit Card Kotak Phone Number
How To Apply to Kotak Credit Card
Being aware of how to apply for Kotak credit card is one of the first and ultimate steps to become a Kotak customer. There are three possibilities. So, if you are interested in doing it, follow these steps.
- Log in to the bank website;
- Click on the option “Net Banking”;
- Enter CRN in the User ID;
- After that, enter your password or click on the option “Get Net Banking Password Online”;
- Click on the Credit Card tab;
- Click on the option Add-on card;
- Fill the information according to what is required on the screen;
- Click on “Go”;
- Press “Confirm”.
Send the message < ADDON> to 5676788.
You can call to 1860 266 2666, which works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Kotak Credit Card Requirements
Once you decided on your card it is the moment to know Kotak credit card requirements. Since there are many options for you to choose let’s use one of the cards to explain them: Essentia Platinum Credit Card.
They are quite simple, indeed:
- The primary cardholder must be 21 – 65 years old. The add-on cardholder must be 18 years-old or above;
- There is a limit of places in which it is available (check them on the official website);
- The applicant must be a resident of India.
How To Activate Kotak Credit Card
You applied. Your application was approved. Now you certainly want to know how to activate Kotak credit card. At the moment you use it for the first time, it is automatically activated, not requiring any procedures in particular to get it.
Otherwise, if you go through any issue when doing it, you can call the Customer Care Helpline at 1860 266 2666.
Kotak Credit Card Benefits
One more time due to huge amount of cards available let’s use one of the cards to explain Kotak credit card benefits, previously mentioned: Essentia Platinum Credit Card.
As benefits you have:
- 10% savings on Departmental and Grocery stores spends;
- Priority attend;
- Add-on card;
- Milestone feature.
How To Redeem Kotak Credit Card Points
It is usual to know how to redeem Kotak credit card points, so you can optimize your shopping goings and enjoy the most of your card.
As we already mentioned, due to the large amount of cards these procedures may vary, but the process is very simple and can be done online. Let us explain it to you:
- Log in to your Net Banking;
- Go to “Credit Card”
- Select the option “PVR and Reward Redemption”
- Pick from the options available to redeem your points
But that is not the only option. You also may do it offline. All you have to do is calling the bank Customer Care and require your redemption of points. The number is 1800 419 6888.
The customers of a Kotak credit card may redeem their points on a diverse number of categories, such as: air miles and airline tickets, e-vouchers, hotel bookings, mobile recharge, movie tickets, among many others.
To convert the rewards points into miles you will have to:
- Go to mykotakrewards.com;
- Enter the destination you wish, the boarding point and the date of the trip;
- Click on the option “search”;
- Choose the time and the airline company;
- Click on “Continue Booking”;
- Log in/Click on “Continue as guest” to complete the transaction
Again we will give you examples about Essentia Platinum Credit Card. It gives you 10 saving points for every Rs. 100 you spend at Departmental and Grocery Stores. And 1 saving point is equal to 1 reward point.
You also earn 1 saving point for every Rs. 250 for spending on other categories. As far as the Milestone Feature, spending Rs. 1, 25,000 every six months will get you 6 free PVR tickets or 1200 reward points.
How To Check Kotak Credit Card Balance
Using your card in a responsible way has to do with how to check Kotak credit card balance. There are many ways of doing it:
- Go to your Net Banking;
- Click on the credit card you wish to see the balance;
- SMS: you may receive an SMS message from the bank in real time to make sure each transaction happened.
3.Customer service: there is a number through which you can check your balance, which is 1800 425 4059.
- ATM: by using your PIN number you can head to an ATM and check your balance.
- Going to a branch: if time is not a problem, you may go to a bank branch and talk to a team responsible for balance to check it.
- Monthly statements: the bank is also able to provide your credit card statements monthly through SMS and e-mail with all relevant details of your balance, as the dues and the due payment.
- APP: other convenient way of checking your balance is through the bank own app to increase the contact with its customers.
How To Get Kotak Credit Card Statement
Get ready to a new way of getting Kotak credit card statement. Due to the preoccupation with environmental causes Kotak is discontinuing the paper statement. Even though, there are three ways you may do it:
- SMS: send the message “Green” to 5676788;
- Net Banking:
- Login to the bank website;
- Click on the option “net banking”;
- Enter the CRN in the User ID;
- Enter the password or click on the option “Get Net Banking Password Online”;
- Click on the “Credit Card” tab;
- Click on “Service Requests”;
- Choose the option “Register for E-Statement”;
- Customer Care: you can call to 1860 266 2666 in order to request your statement. It works 24 hours a day and seven days a week.
How To Pay Kotak Credit Card Bill
Each and every customer has to know how to pay Kotak credit card bill in order to enjoy its benefits in an average way and avoiding issues. You may do it by using many different ways.
- Net banking: if you are already registered for this service you can transfer from your savings or current account to the credit card account. The steps are as following:
- Log in to Kotak Net Banking;
- Select the option “Credit Card” from the home page;
- Select “Payments”;
- Click on the option “Make payments”
The TAT for the credit is 24 hours.
- Provide your credit card payment details;
- Select your savings account bank from the dropdown list;
- Confirm the payment;
- Get the online confirmation and the transaction confirmation number.
The TAT for the credit is 3 working days.
- Log onto your non-Kotak Bank Net banking service;
- Select the option “Funds Transfer/NETF/IMPS;
- Register your Kotak credit card as a payee;
- Enter the following data: Payee name>Select the location>Select the destination bank>Bank address>IFSC Code>Update Payee Account Number (Provide your 16-digit Kotak credit card number).
The TAT for credit by using NEFT is from 30 minutes to 3 working days; and the TAT for credit by using IMPS is instantaneous.
- Auto debit:
- Download the Auto Debit Authorization form from the bank website;
- Sign it;
- Submit it at a Kotak branch to the address: Manager – Customer Correspondence Centre, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Attn: Customer Correspondence Unit – Credit Cards, Neptune Element, 3rd Floor, Road No. 22, Wagle Estate, Thane (W) 400604.
The TAT for the credit is executed 4 days before due date and credited within 24 hours.
- VISA Payment:
- Log on to you net banking service;
- Register your Kotak credit card for VISA credit card payment
The TAT for credit is 3 working days.
- Phone Banking:
- Contact Kotak Customer Service;
- Select the option “Banking” from the menu;
- Place your request before an executive to transfer from your savings or current account to your Kotak credit card account
The TAT for credit is within 24 hours.
- Going to a branch: you can go to a branch and deposit cash towards your credit card account. The TAT for credit is within 24 hours.
Kotak Credit Card Payment By App
The kotak credit card payment by app is a great convenience. You may download it from the bank website or from Google Play Store. After having it downloaded, you just have to follow the sequence to have your credit card paid:
How To Increase Credit Card Limit Kotak
Maybe you are in a situation you need to know how to increase Kotak credit card limit.
The good news is: The bank increases your credit card limit automatically. It proceeds by reviewing the customer’s spending patterns. If he/she has not defaulted on any payments and has maintained a good credit utilization ratio the offer will be made by the bank itself to the customer.
How To Cancel Kotak Credit Card
If you need to know how to cancel Kotak credit card, we advise you to send a written request to the bank.
But, you only will be successful if there are no pending balance dues. In case there are, you first have to pay it. Just after having done it, the bank will proceed with the cancellation of the credit card.
Credit Card Kotak Phone Number
In case you need to talk with any employee here is the number: 1860 266 0811.
From 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m, Mondays to Saturdays, except holidays.