Applying for a credit card has lots of benefits and advantages and if you chose the HDFC Credit Card, “you chose a credit card for your every need”, by their own words. Here on this page, you will be aware of all the HDFC credit card requirements, and also will learn how to activate your HDFC credit card and how to redeem your HDFC credit card reward points.
HDFC introduced the first credit card in India and, nowadays, more than 10 million customers enjoy the HDFC credit card benefits.
If you are searching for how to check HDFC credit card balance or how to get HDFC credit card statement, you are probably interested in having more control over your account, and you will learn it step by step.
Almost everything can be done via website or cell phone app, for example: to pay the HDFC credit card bill is easy as count to three.
Also, as unexpected situations happen in our life, it’s a really great idea to know how to quickly cancel your HDFC credit card.
- How To Apply for HDFC Credit Card
- HDFC Credit Card Benefits
- How To Check HDFC Credit Card Balance
- How To Increase HDFC Credit Card Limit
- How To Cancel HDFC Credit Card
- HDFC Credit Card Phone Number
How To Apply for HDFC Credit Card
If you don’t know how to apply for a HDFC credit card, you can do it by accessing the HDFC website, find and click on the PAY tab, and then go to the Credit Cards section, as shown below:
On the next screen, HDFC website will show you all the credit cards avaliable, so you can choose the one that most suits your needs. They offer a good amount of options and each card provides features, low or high limit, rewards, vantages and bonuses.
If you´re having a hard time deciding, you can even appoint basic information about you, for example, if you are salaried or self-employed, your annual income, your spending, and then, the system will automatically suggest the best card for you. It’s really intuitive.
Bear in mind that before you try to apply for an HDFC credit card, you must know if you are eligible for having a credit card, thus you must fulfill the requirements.
HDFC Credit Card Requirements
HDFC will require a prerequisite before they allow you to become a cardholder. For example, if you are looking for a more basic card, with features like earning a 2% discount on grocery shops, dining and entertainment spends, you must fill the minimum requisites
If you are a salaried:
- Age: Min 21 yrs & Max 60 Yrs,
- Income: Net Monthly Income >= Rs 20,000;
or if you a self-employed:
- Age: Min 21 yrs & Max 65 Yrs,
- Income: ITR > Rs 6 Lakhs per annum.
For a more select card, more will be required from you. Fees and charges will also be applied depending on the chosen credit card. The most common are the annual and renewal fees that, of course, will also vary accordingly. Everything must be examined with caution, to make sure you will have the right tool with you.
How To Activate HDFC Credit Card
You already received your HDFC credit card? Want to start using it? You will do it in no time, but let’s activate it first.
Every card issuer has it’s own way to activate the card. The HDFC cards are activated using a PIN that you will receive in your registered mail address in a secure tamper-proof envelope. Generally, the HDFC PIN is a 4 digit unique number. For a more secure approach, you might receive your HDFC credit card first to your mail address and then, the letter which will contain the PIN. After that, all you need to do is activate your card either by going to an HDFC ATM or using your netbanking account.
The steps to activate through an ATM are:
- You will have to call the HDFC phone banking and request the OTP (One-Time Password) that they will send to your registered mobile number.
- Once you have received your OTP, go to an ATM and insert your HDFC credit card in the card slot.
- The language selection screen will appear and you must select the “Create new PIN using OTP” option.
- Enter the OTP in the space provided.
- For security reasons you will be asked to enter your registered mobile number.
- Then, you will be asked to enter a new 4-digit PIN.
- Create your new PIN and click on the “Submit” option. Your HDFC credit card PIN will be successfully registered and you will be able to start using your HDFC credit card.
To activate your HDFC credit card through the net banking follow the steps:
- Go to the HDFC website and login using your customer ID and password.
- Navigate to the tab named “Credit Cards”.
- Then, choose the “Credit Card ATM PIN” option.
- Select your HDFC credit card from the drop down menu and then click on the “Continue” button.
- You will be asked to confirm the process. Click on the “Confirm” button and your new PIN will be sent to your mailing address.
- Once you have received your new PIN, you could go to an HDFC ATM and change it.
HDFC Credit Card Benefits
The HDFC credit card has many benefits. Having a credit card provides you the possibility to rent a car, purchase expensive gadgets, shop online, recharge your mobile phone. Plus, is one of the most convenient ways to make payments.
Why carry a huge amount of cash if you can pay everything using your credit card? Also, while it is great for making one-time payments, it can be set up to automatically make recurring payments such as electricity or gas bill, and mobile phone. This way you won´t forget to pay your bills, no more worries about that.
You could buy now and pay later, up to 50 days during which the bank would not charge any interest.
The HDFC credit card can make you travel with more comfort, with free access to exclusive airport lounges, extra luggage allowance, priority check-in and boarding, etc.
Cashback and rewards are also ready to be enjoyed, more you use your HDFC credit card, more discounts, prizes and bonuses you will have.
How To Redeem HDFC Credit Card Reward Points
Once you have Reward Points to redeem, go to the HDFC website, log into your Netbanking account using your customer ID and password, then click on the “Cards” tab. You will find another one called “Enquire” in the Credit Card section.
How To Check HDFC Credit Card Balance
There are many ways to check your HDFC credit card balance: online, through an ATM, using your mobile phone, etc. Although, the primary and most prefered way to check your HDFC credit card balance is through the NetBanking.
Just go to the HDFC website and login to your account using your customer ID and your password. From the main menu, select “Cards” and then “Active Cards”. All credit cards linked to the account you used to login will appear along with “Available Credit” as well as the “Statement Balance”.
If you prefer using your mobile phone, just open the mobile app and login to your account using customer ID and password. Then, click “More” > ”Credit Cards”. Your primary credit card, along with the available credit, balance and etc.
How To Get HDFC Credit Card Statement
To get the HDFC Credit Card Statement or in other words, the list of your recent transactions, payments and purchases done you can choose between the online method or the offline method. The offline method is basically receiving a letter containing the credit card statement in your mailing address, monthly.
The online method is going to the HDFC website or the bank app. Just log into those using your customer ID and password, and your card statement will be available.
How To Pay HDFC Credit Card Bill
HDFC credit card holders can pay their bills through the following online methods:
Paying the HDFC credit card bill using through NetBanking:
- Enter the HDFC website and log in using the customer ID and password.
- Click on the tab named “Cards” on the left side of the screen, then on “Transact”.
- Select “Credit Card Payment” and select your credit card by clicking on “Select Card Payment Type”, then hit “Continue”.
- Next, select “From account and the credit card number”.
- At last, select one from Last Statement Bal, Minimum Amount Due, or Other Amount. Continue and confirm.
HDFC Credit Card Payment By App
If you prefer, you can make the payment over the mobile app following the instructions:
- Open the HDFC app.
- Click on “Menu”, then “Pay” and then select “Cards”.
- On the next screen, you would be able to see all the registered cards.
- Click on the credit card to make the payment and there will be shown the “Pay” button.
- Just click on it and complete the payment.
How To Increase HDFC Credit Card Limit
If you need to increase the HDFC Credit Card limit, you have to be eligible for that, and if so the bank will get in touch with you, usually they will call or will send an e-mail or SMS. But how does it work?
There are many reasons and variables that would make you eligible or not for an HDFC credit card upgrade or limit enhancement, but they´re all related to the way you use your credit card and how correctly you pay your bills.
In case you didn’t receive any call or message from the bank after using it for 6 to 12 months, go to the HDFC website, login to your netbank account and click on the “Credit Card” tab and choose “card upgrade with enhancement” on the menu on your left side.
If any of your credit cards is eligible for an upgrade or enhancement you will find it there. Just select the card you want to upgrade and click “Continue”. Your request will be automatically sent to HDFC and you will receive a confirmation.
How To Cancel HDFC Credit Card
In case of loss and robbery, the Customer Care phone number is ready to be called 24/7 to cancel your HDFC credit card right away. Upon calling, you might inform the operator about the purpose of the cancelation.
HDFC Credit Card Phone Number
Get in touch with HDFC for all your banking needs by calling the Customer Care free-toll number. On their website, type “customer care” on the search bar on the right side and then click on the first option of the results (as shown on the image below), which will redirect you to all the available numbers: